Tuesday 22 January 2013

Plastics beyond oil

I keep imagining a future beyond oil... a life without plastics and yet where plastic fragments of our Oil Age lives continue to wash up on the shore. I often think about what future generations will make of these objects (what they might think they are and how they might use them) - and what they might think about us...
I recently had the chance to explore some of these ideas with art, photography and textile students at a local high school. Here are some of the ideas I liked best:



empty pill blister packs = ocean migration modules for ants





plastic dustbin = personal flotation device in event of flooding      
or
      plastic dustbin = privacy module for couples in multiple occupancy one room living units





traffic cone =  high status head-dress as wearer unable to do anything practical whilst wearing one

You can send your own ideas to me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment